As the proposed defection of Chief Godswill Akpabio to the All Progressives Congress (APC) continues to make the round, NAIJ.com has come across a list of high profile PDP members who allegedly will join him to dump the former ruling party.
According to APC newspaper, 11 PDP members will join Akpabio on Wednesday, August 8, to defect in Akwa Ibom state. Senator Godswill Akpabio, a former governor of Akwa Ibom, had already resigned as the minority leader of the 8th Senate.
Akpabio who represents Akwa Ibom north west in the Senate was a former governor of oil-rich Akwa Ibom state between 2007 and 2015.
His letter of resignation had read: “Senator Akpabio thanked the Senate leadership, the minority leadership, all distinguished Senators, his party the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the opportunity to lead the PDP Caucus in the last three years. “Senator Akpabio is expected to be received into the All Progressives Congress (APC) at a rally in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State on Wednesday, August 8, 2018.” PDP members who will decamp to APC with him allegedly include:
1. Victor Antai – Commissioner for culture and tourism
2. Chief Michael Afangideh – Political leader, Essien Udim
3. Don Etim – Former commissioner for works
4. Godwin Afangideh – Deputy chairman, PDP Akwa Ibom state chapter
5. Ibanga Akpabio – Commissioner for labour and manpower
6. Nse Ntuen – House of Assembly member representing Essien Udim
7. Gabriel Tobby – House of Assembly member representing Etim Ekpo/Ika
8. Raphael Isobara – LG chairman, Essien Udim
9. Unyime Etim – LG chairman, Ikot Ekpene
10. Emmanuel Akpan – House of Reps member, Ikot Ekpene federal constituency
11. Emmanuel Ekon – House of Reps member, Etim Ekpo/Ika/Abak federal constituency.